Re: Lockless behavior for CQs in userspace

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 09:52:27AM +0200, Yishai Hadas wrote:

> We can really consider extending the functionality of a parent domain that
> was just added for CQ in case it holds a thread domain for this purpose.
> However, current code enforces creating a dedicated BF as part of thread
> domain unless we extend ibv_alloc_td() to ask only for marking the single
> thread functionality.

Doesn't the CQ need a BF too?

In any event, I don't think it matters, any real application is likely
to use the thread domain with a QP as well so the BF will not be
wasted

> The existing alternative is or to use the legacy ENV that mentioned above or
> to use the ibv_cq_ex functionality which upon its creation gets an explicit
> flag for single threaded one (i.e. IBV_CREATE_CQ_ATTR_SINGLE_THREADED).

An apps that don't want the BF can always use
IBV_CREATE_CQ_ATTR_SINGLE_THREADED

I think consistency says that if a thread domain is passed into CQ it
should trigger IBV_CREATE_CQ_ATTR_SINGLE_THREADED

Jason