Re: RDMA device renames and node description

On 2/19/2020 6:18 PM, Ira Weiny wrote:
The use of node descriptor was intended to be entirely up to the installation
in a manner to debug/locate nodes.  Not be used in libraries.  I'm surprised
that libraries are broken.

Libraries are broken due to the rename of the device. The changing of the node descriptor is another consequence of the device rename. Libraries can be patched. Node descriptors changing out from under a sys admin is another problem altogether.

> Regardless does the old rdma-ndd config exist? Could it be configured and/or
modified to give the old names?  When it was written we designed the default
config to give the old names for backwards compatibility.  Apparently this is
no longer true?

I'm sure there are ways to get back to the old name. The problem is what happens by default when users upgrade.

-Denny