Re: RDMA device renames and node description

On 2/19/2020 9:48 AM, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
At the end, OFED stacks behave like "mini-distros", so if they manage to
handle it, distro should do the same.
  The difference there is to the distro the RDMA sub system is but one small
part. To OFED it is the sole focus. So I expect OFED stacks to be more agile
at handling this sort of thing.

I disagree about first part of this paragraph. All major distributions
follow closely rdma-core and this ML.

The distros do certainly have people that follow the list. What I'm saying is we shouldn't have relied on them to ensure there were no implications brought on by the default behavior change. Instead we as developers should have brought the node description impact to light more proactively vs being reactive.

-Denny