RDMA without rdma_create_event_channel()

Hi,

I'm looking to connect an RDMA hardware accelerator to a Centos 8.0
server with RoCE_V2 capability.

Is there a way to implement RDMA RC functionality without invoking the
Connection Manager (skipping the rdma_create_event_channel()) ?
Perhaps with a simple exchange of the necessary information through an
external protocol, say UDP packets ? And then initialize the QPs with
the received parameters.

A bit unsure if this is the appropriate forum for it, let me know if
it's off topic.

Regards,
Dimitris