Re: resource leak in librdmacm

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 10:21:35PM +0800, Honggang LI wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 11:23:02PM +0800, Honggang LI wrote:
>
> > void test_fini(void)
> > {
>

> > 	if (handle)
> > 		dlclose(handle);
>                 ^^^^^^^
> > 	handle = NULL;
>
> In case we did not call dlclose, there will be only one file descriptor
> leak. It will reduce the file descriptor leak.
>
> Does that imply librdamcm was designed to load once and only unload when
> process exit?

Yes.

We had some old code that attempted to clean up on dlclose/process
exit, but it turns out that whole concept is racey and broken when
threads are used.

To run valgrind testing like this the library needs to provide some
kind of 'cleanup internal data' call, which our libries don't have.

I think it would be useful addition to both libraries.

You should also see memleaks from valgrind on exit, IIRC. Lots of
static lists don't get cleaned.

Jason