Re: ib_umem_get and DMA_API_DEBUG question

On 26/08/2019 17:05, Gal Pressman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Lately I've been seeing DMA-API call traces on our automated testing runs which
> complain about overlapping mappings of the same cacheline [1].
> The problem is (most likely) caused due to multiple calls to ibv_reg_mr with the
> same address, which as a result DMA maps the same physical addresses more than 7
> (ACTIVE_CACHELINE_MAX_OVERLAP) times.

BTW, on rare occasions I'm seeing the boundary check in check_sg_segment [1]
fail as well. I don't have a stable repro for it though.

Is this a known issue as well? The comment there states it might be a bug in the
DMA API implementation, but I'm not sure.

[1] https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.3-rc3/source/kernel/dma/debug.c#L1230