v25.0 ninja install failure on pandoc-prebuilt using git tree or release tarball

I'm one of the Arch Linux AUR repository rdma-core maintainers.

We've always build rdma-core from release tags in the git repo.

As-is, building v25 from the git repo has a new build requirement of
rst2man, which isn't documented in the release notes or in the readme.
(On Arch, part of the python-docutils package.)  I haven't directly
used pandoc or rst2man before, so I don't know if rst2man was added to
be an alternative to pandoc, or ran in addition to it.  In case they
were meant as alternatives, the build system doesn't currently
function that way.  With pandoc but without rst2man, it says
"'install' disabled", and never builds the man pages, causing "ninja
install" to fail from not finding
"pandoc-prebuilt/f48a8d31ddfa68fad6c3badbc768ac703976c43f".

I looked at switching to the release tarballs (rdma-core-25.0.tar.gz),
which of course has the prebuilt man pages.  I assume doing this
should completely prevent needing pandoc and rst2man.  But, then
"ninja install" fails from not finding
"pandoc-prebuilt/32acf8c8016edc90e7adedc5be9caecd9b8abb3e", which I do
see is not among the 81 directories in "pandoc-prebuilt/" in
"rdma-core-25.0.tar.gz".  Were some of the necessary prebuilt files
not included in the 25 tarball?