Re: Panic when rebooting target server testing srp on 5.0.0-rc2

On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 10:53 -0400, Laurence Oberman wrote:
+AD4 Update on this issue
+AD4
+AD4 If I reset the SRP target server and do not reboot it I do not see the
+AD4 block-mq race with the SRP initiator.
+AD4 Just resetting the SRP target array and not runing the reboot avoids
+AD4 the shutdown scripts of ib+AF8-srpt and seems somehow to prevent the race
+AD4 with the initiator code.
+AD4
+AD4 Given that I see very little churn and activity with LIO lately I dont
+AD4 know if its worth spending more time on trying to isolate this.
+AD4
+AD4 If anybody has an SRP native array (like DDN) and can reboot it with
+AD4 5.x plus, that would be a good test.
+AD4
+AD4 I will reach out to DDN and ask if they can test it.

Hi Laurence,

If the initiator side crashes it means there is a bug in the kernel at the
initiator side. It's not clear to me why you are commenting on the target
side in this e-mail thread?

Thanks,

Bart.