Re: 【dma mr verbs question】

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 04:39:20PM +0800, oulijun wrote:

> Hi, Christoph Hellwig & Jason
>   I found a question about IB core recently. We need to call get_dma_mr verbs and don't enable the mr_access_flags for IB_ACCESS_REMOTE_ATOMIC.
>   Why? Is it not supported? What should we do if we need to call get_dma_mr for allowing incoming RDMA Atomic in mr?

You should never call get_dma_mr yourself.  Currently we have no
kernel ULPs that want to use atomic operations.  But if you plan to
submit one you can add a patch to the front of the series to enable
atomic access in __ib_alloc_pd.  However we really should only do that
for local access - using the global rkey is a really bad idea an discouraged.