userfaultfd and ummunotify

In an exploration to examine if Roland's ummunotify mechanism could be integrated into the rdma stack:

https://lwn.net/Articles/343351/

Jason pointed out userfaultfd:

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/userfaultfd.2.html

as an option for supporting memory registration caching.

Until about 3 hours ago, I had never heard of userfaultfd.  Has anyone tried using it in support of a registration cache?  Based on the documentation, it looks like it has potential.  But I'm uncertain if it will report all necessary events, the performance of checking for events, and whether events are reported such that race conditions are avoided.

Does anyone have any input?  (I plan on experimenting with it).

Thanks,
- Sean