Re: Crash in nvmet_req_init() - null req->rsp pointer

Hey Sagi, it hits the empty rsp list path often with your debug patch.
I added code to BUG_ON() after 10 times and I have a crash dump I'm
looking at.

Isn't the rsp list supposed to be sized such that it will never be empty
when a new rsp is needed?  I wonder if there is a leak.

Doesn't look from my scan..

I do see that during this heavy load, the rdma send queue "full"
condition gets hit often:

static bool nvmet_rdma_execute_command(struct nvmet_rdma_rsp *rsp)
{
         struct nvmet_rdma_queue *queue = rsp->queue;

         if (unlikely(atomic_sub_return(1 + rsp->n_rdma,
                         &queue->sq_wr_avail) < 0)) {
                 pr_debug("IB send queue full (needed %d): queue %u
cntlid %u\n",
                                 1 + rsp->n_rdma, queue->idx,
                                 queue->nvme_sq.ctrl->cntlid);
                 atomic_add(1 + rsp->n_rdma, &queue->sq_wr_avail);
                 return false;
         }

So commands are getting added to the wr_wait list:

static void nvmet_rdma_handle_command(struct nvmet_rdma_queue *queue,
                 struct nvmet_rdma_rsp *cmd)
{
         if (unlikely(!nvmet_rdma_execute_command(cmd))) {
                 spin_lock(&queue->rsp_wr_wait_lock);
                 list_add_tail(&cmd->wait_list, &queue->rsp_wr_wait_list);
                 spin_unlock(&queue->rsp_wr_wait_lock);
         }

Perhaps there's some bug in the wr_wait_list processing of deferred
commands?  I don't see anything though.

I assume this could happen if under heavy load the device send
completions are slower than the rate incoming commands arrival
(perhaps device and/or sw).

Because we post recv before sending the response back, there is
a window where host can send us a new command before the send completion
arrived, this is why we allocate more.

However, I think that nothing prevents that under heavy load the gap
is growing until we exhaust 2x rsps.

So perhaps this is something we actually need to account for it...