http://lists.linuxplumbersconf.org/pipermail/lpc-announce/Week-of-Mon-20180723/000067.html

From: Jake Edge <jake-AT-lwn.net>

We are pleased to announce that the RDMA Microconference has been
accepted into the 2018 Linux Plumbers Conference!

RDMA (remote direct memory access [1]) is a well-established technology
that is used in environments requiring both maximum throughputs and
minimum latencies. For a long time, this technology was used primarily
in high-performance computing, high-frequency trading, and
supercomputing. For example, the three most powerful computers [2] are
based on Linux and RDMA (in the guise of Infiniband).

However, the latest trends in cloud computing (more bandwidth at larger
scales) and storage (more IOPS) makes RDMA increasingly important
outside of its initial niches. Therefore, clean integration between
RDMA and various kernel susbsystems is paramount. We are therefore
looking to build on previous years' successful RDMA microconferences
this year by discussing our 2018-2019 plans and roadmap.

Topics proposed for this year's event include the interaction between
RDMA and DAX (direct access for files [3]), how to solve the
get_user_pages() problem (see [4] and [5]), IOMMU [6] and PCI-E [7]
issues, continuous integration, Python integration, and syzkaller [8]
testing.

LPC [9] will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada from
Tuesday, November 13 through Thursday, November 15.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_direct_memory_access
[2]
http://ir.mellanox.com/news-releases/news-release-details...
[3] https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/dax.txt