Re: ISER blk-mq tags

On 6/14/2018 5:40 PM, Karandeep Chahal wrote:
Hi,

Hi Karan,
thanks for reporting and debugging this.

I have run in to a problem where it seems like an ISER initiator cannot
submit more than 128 commands to the target (per scsi host). I tried to
debug this and found that when iscsi_host_add() is called,
Scsi_Host>can_queue is unset. This causes iscsi_host_add() to use the
default qdepth (128) when creating the scsi host's blk-mq in
scsi_add_host(). After the call to iscsi_host_add() shost->can_queue is
set to the correct value, however by then the blk-mq is already created
with the wrong nuber of tags.

This causes the queue depth not to exceed 128.

Please advise if this is the expected behaviour. Have I missed
something? It appears that other drivers that call scsi_add_host() set
can_queue before the function call.

I guess we can do it too and call iscsi_host_add (that calls scsi_add_host) after we set the can_queue during iscsi_iser_session_create.

would you like to try it ?
let me know if you need me to prepare a patch.

Thanks
-Karan

-Max.