Understanding UUAR calculations in mlx5 userspace driver

Hi,

I am trying to understand the uuar-related calculations of the
userspace mlx5 driver (in mlx5_alloc_context) that use the various
constants introduced in
https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core/commit/166d34841dd6a835e4f4f0196143880a73ce71bd.

My understanding is that a uar is comprised of uuars. bfregs mean the
same thing as uuars. A doorbell is written to the bfreg/uuar assigned
to the QP.

(1) W.r.t. MLX5_NUM_NON_FP_BFREGS_PER_UAR, what is a NON_FP_BFREG in a
UAR? I am curious to know what FP stands for.

(2) Is the value of NUM_BFREGS_PER_UAR set to 4 because the driver
will have at least 4 low_lat_uuars for a context? This constant is
used only in the calculation of gross_uuars. My assumption is that the
NUM_BFREGS_PER_UAR value is not specific to the mlx5 device because of
the missing MLX5_ prefix. Please correct me if I am wrong.

(3) Given that the value of tot_uuars and low_lat_uuars can be
configured through the MLX5_TOTAL_UUARS and MLX5_NUM_LOW_LAT_UUARS
environment variables respectively, it is possible for me to have, in
1 context, 512 tot_uuars (=MLX5_MAX_BFREGS) and set all 511 of them as
low_lat_uuars. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Rohit Zambre
Ph.D. Student, Computer Engineering