RE: Sending and Receiving QPs with IPoIB

Having a sending QP and a receiving QP per node in IPoIB connected mode is affecting HFI1 performance because of the resulting lopsidedness of QPn to hardware resource mappings. Therefore, we are investigating changing this behavior to be compliant to the RFC (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4755#section-3.3).

On a separate email, Roland Dreier mentioned that IPoIB connected mode has 2 QPs for historical reasons. We *really* need to know if there is some technical reason the implementation is this way before cracking open IPoIB to change this.

Roland Dreier email:

I assume you're talking about IPoIB connected mode?

I think the reason is just historical - the code to use one QP in each direction was never written, and no one has cared enough to do it.

- R.

Thank you,

Sebastian