Re: Linux kernel v4.15-rc4 and rdma_rxe

> Hello Moni,
>
> The ib_srpt driver uses zero-length writes to trigger the completion handler
> if either an RTU event is received or an RDMA channel is being closed. In
> the log I saw the message "queued zerolength write" appear but not
> "srpt_zerolength_write_done: wc->status = ..." when the hang was observed.
> That made me wonder whether the rxe driver perhaps suppresses completions
> for zero-length writes if the queue pair state is changed into IB_QPS_ERR? I
> think it is required by the IB spec to queue an error completion for pending
> work requests upon the transition to IB_QPS_ERR.

Hi Bart
This is a great input for the debugger (whoever that be). From a brief
look at the code I see that error QP is checked when during the
validation of  RDMA_WRITE request. In this case a completion is
generated and the size of the buffer to write remains irrelevant.
However, to verify that I wasn't wrong you can add some printk() in
the path that starts with rxe_responder(). When flow reaches
check_resource() and when QP is in ERROR state the function returns
RESPST_COMPLETE. The next step in the state machine would be to call
the do_complete() function.

thanks

Moni