Re: [rdma-core patch] srp_daemon: srp_daemon.service should be started after network.target

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 09:59:27PM +0800, Honggang LI wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 11:00:58AM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 06:10:06PM +0800, Honggang LI wrote:
> > > From: Honggang Li <honli@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > >
> > > The srp_daemon service will be started at the very beginning state
> > > of systemd when boot/reboot the machine, in case srp_daemon.service
> > > is not after network.target. As result, the srp_daemon.service will
> > > be terminated because of SERVICE_FAILURE_RESOURCES.
> >
> > How is this possible?  srp_daemon.service just runs a script that
> > doesn't touch the network.
>
> To reproduce it, you just need enable srp_daemon.serice and then reboot
> the machine. Watch the serial console when you are waiting for machine
> boot up. Please see attached /var/log/boot.log for details. After system
> boot up, check the status of srp_daemon.serice.

Well, I did this sort of testing when I originally set stuff up with
no problem. But I used Ubuntu Xenial with a newer systemd

So we need to find a root cause before we can evalute this as the
right solution..

> > but even that needs much more explaination about what exactly is
> > causing this requirement.
> >
> > You said SERVICE_FAILURE_RESOURCES which is an internal systemd error
> > code.
>
> Yes, it is systemd-219-51.el7.x86_64 error code.
>
> > Is this because of PrivateNetwork=yes or something similar?
>
> How to test or verify this?

Remove all the sandboxing thing and see if it starts working.

Add them back in until you find the one that breaks it.

Jason