Re: rdma-core_15-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Am Dienstag, den 14.11.2017, 11:47 -0700 schrieb Jason Gunthorpe:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:51:01AM +0100, Benjamin Drung wrote:
>
> > * Non-Linux architectures: One package is marked as architechture
> > "any"
> > instead of "linux-any". Thus the builds are tried on non-Linux
> > archs.
> > Expect a patch to come.
>
> Yep
>
> > * Architecture NOT able to do coherent DMA: Some providers will be
> > disabled and the install target fail to install the missing
> > providers.
>
> I'm surprised, can you point me at a build log? I belive the cmake
> side should work?

Here is the build overview:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rdma-core
The individual build logs are referenced from there.

There is already a Debian bug report for it:
https://bugs.debian.org/881731

You might want to answer to that report.

> I suppose we have a bit of a Debian problem here as things like
> mlx5dv will not compile on certain arches but their outputs are
> directly refenced in the debian/*.install files.. Do you know how to
> handle that?

There is no elegant way to handle that. The most elegant way I can come
up with is:

1) Have two install files debian/foo.install.full and
debian/foo.install.no-coherent-dma

2) Determine the build architecture in debian/rules and set
VARIANT=full or VARIANT=no-coherent-dma depending on the architecture.

3) Extent dh_auto_configure:

    cp debian/foo.install.$(VARIANT) debian/foo.install

4) Do the clean in dh_auto_clean:

    rm -f debian/foo.install

Any better idea?

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
D - 10405 Berlin

Email: benjamin.drung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506 B
Geschäftsführer: Achim Weiss, Matthias Steinberg