From: Kalderon, Michal [mailto:Michal.Kalderon@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 5:36 PM
To: Zohar Ben Aharon <zoharb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Gil Rockah <gilr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; lunnys@xxxxxxxxx; Ido Shamay <idos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-rdma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Elior, Ariel <Ariel.Elior@xxxxxxxxxx>; leon@xxxxxxxxxx; Amrani, Ram <Ram.Amrani@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Perftest fails when declaring support for MW_TYPE_2A

Hi Mellanox/ Accelio,

There is a very old commit in perftest 96050b8b that assumes bit 23 in device cap flags means there is driver support for contiguous buffer allocation of user data

There is a clash with the following device capability defined in libibverbs/verbs.h:
#define IBV_DEVICE_MEM_WINDOW_TYPE_2A = 1 << 23

Once driver advertises memory window type 2a capability, the perftest application fails.

I found that IB_DEVICE_MR_ALLOCATE is defined as bit 23 for freebsd git hub and accelio github And then I saw there are a lot of clashes between ib_verbs + upstream kernel

Clash between the two needs to be resolved.
Perftest wise: Perhaps an additional parameter to perftest ?

Please advise,
Thanks,
Michal