Re: Need to set if_index in ib_init_ah_from_wc() ?

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 08:39:46PM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:

> I would like to have proper deadline here, from one side, I don't want
> to wait for Broadcom's fix forever, but from another, I don't want to
> forward ANY patch which breaks other vendors.

I've had the guess that each driver will need to provide a WC to gid
table entry conversion function..

Ideal hardware driver will report the gid table index in their
internal WC. Other hardware like mlx wil have to parse the WC and the
GRH headers and so forth to figure out the gid table index.

The gid table index is security sensitive, so it *MUST* be determined
exactly and correctly.

But we need to understand what the other rocee drivers have done in
this area..

Jason