From: Leon Romanovsky [mailto:leon@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:38 AM
To: Suri Shelvapille <suri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>; linux-rdma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [rdma-next v2 07/23] RDMA/core: Remove unimplemented node_types and node transport

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 06:25:54PM +0000, Suri Shelvapille wrote:
> Leon:
>
> We do have IB_SWITCH and IB_ROUTER functionality and we do use the SWITCH capability provided by the "core" in our product. The "core" has a wrapper function which Identifies the device as a switch to direct smp packets. I am glad that has not been removed. And I hope it won't be removed as it would be a burden to us. Although we prefer to have the IB_SWITCH/IB_ROUTER definitions in the core as well, it is not a big deal to move these definitions inside our driver.

Can you please point me to IN-KERNEL hardware/driver where these values are being set? Because I didn't find any.

Thanks

This correspondence, and any attachments or files transmitted with this correspondence, contains information which may be confidential and privileged and is intended solely for the use of the addressee. Unless you are the addressee or are authorized to receive messages for the addressee, you may not use, copy, disseminate, or disclose this correspondence or any information contained in this correspondence to any third party. If you have received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this correspondence and any attachments or files transmitted with this correspondence from your system, and destroy any and all copies thereof, electronic or otherwise. Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated.