Re: rdma-core rpm for SuSE

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 05:14:11PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-08-03 at 17:59 +0200, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin wrote:
> > We have a different spec file due to SUSE packaging policies, and some
> > path differences but the default one works. As this is new, I wanted to
> > make sure it works well before submitting it. With v15 coming out and the
> > associated systemd/udev changes, I'll have to update the spec and validate
> > it but once this is done I'll send a patch to this ML and get it upstreamed.
>
> Hello Nicolas,
>
> Do you plan to submit an entirely new RPM or changes to the rdma-core.spec
> file in the top-level directory? Personally I strongly prefer the latter. We
> have already three groups of distro packaging files and that is really annoying
> to rdma-core contributors because every packaging change has to be tested three
> times (rdma-core.spec, redhat/rdma-core.spec and debian/*.install). Adding a
> fourth packaging file would increase the maintenance burden even further.

If suse contributes their spec file I think we could delete the top
level rdma-core.spec

There are enough differences in the suse spec file I suspect it would
be more maintainable to have it separate.

We still have to test the builds against that configuration anyhow, I
dont see a big burden there - so long as cbuild can run an appropriate
suse build (opensuse is OK for testing?)..

Jason