Re: [lpc-contact] RDMA miniconf dates at LPC 2017

On 08/01/2017 03:38 PM, James Bottomley wrote:
On Mon, 2017-07-31 at 14:30 +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
Resend to contact@lpc....

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Leon Romanovsky <leon@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi James,

The LPC 2017 time is approaching and we would like to know on which
day, the RDMA miniconf is going to be scheduled.

We usually have enormous difficulty putting together the schedule
because 4 tracks gives a lot of potential for conflicts and we have to
iterate to the least bad solution.  Given that, we don't usually begin
until all MCs have been selected (which hasn't happened yet).

Do you have any specific constraints you'd like us to try and take into account when we attempt this?

Can you please share this information with us so the people will be
able to plan their trips accordingly?

Usually the idea is that people coming to Plumbers stay for all of the
three days.  Wednesday is going to be just talks and one track of
Microconferences, though.  This year the security summit requested the
Containers and TPM MCs on Wednesday, so the only days your MC could be
scheduled would be Thursday or Friday.

James

James,
Leon is asking due to (at least) my poking, maybe others.
The above info is what we are looking to get -- didn't know if the MCs would
be scheduled on Tuesday, or even Saturday.
The above info allows us to book flights/hotels for Tues->Sat a.m., at least b4
all the better flights are taken! ;-)
Thanks!
- Don