Re: How do I generate and set a GUID on an Ethernet VF with ConnectX-4?

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Majd Dibbiny <majd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On May 31, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Robert LeBlanc <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I think there may be more than just changing the MAC. The Mellanox
>> documentation talks about unbinding and re-binding the VF.
> Correct.. I thought you've already done that.
> So basically the flow is as follow:
> 1. Create VFs on the hypervisor
> 2. Configure MAC addresses to the VFs on the Hypervisor
> 3. Unbind the VFs drivers
> 4. Bind back

We aren't using the VFs for VMs, but I don't think that matters. I
think even reading the documentation several times, I was trying to
access the bind/unbind sysfs entries from the wrong part of the tree.
I did an unbind/bind and the MAC address on the rs81p1v0 device and
the GUID was set. All looks good now!

Thanks,