Re: srp_daemon : ​Disallow ​all targets ​if ​not ​explicitly ​allowed by default

On 05/09/17 10:07, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> srptools 1.0.3-2 in Debian disallows all targets if not explicitly
> allowed by default. Motivation (taken from debian/changelog):
>
> * Don't activate any targets per default. (Closes: #740945)
>   This is more sensible than the previous default of bringing
>   up all targets in the IB fabric upon boot. In a larger fabric
>   with many storage targets available, most of the times only
>   one or a few targets are wanted on a particular machine.
>
> Do you agree and could you change the default upstream? I prefer not to
> carry a different behavior in Debian alone.

Hello Benjamin,

What I expect is that users will hate this change. They will notice that
after they have installed and enabled srp_daemon that no targets are
discovered without having any clue why no automatic login to SRP targets
occurs.

Bart.