RE: [RFC 1/2] Introduce egress IB flow steering flag

> > This commit introduces egress flow steering. Egress flow steering is
> > useful for specifying actions that might be applied by hardware to
> > outgoing flows on a specific QP.
> >

> How will user know which flow actions are applicable for egress traffic, for
> both ingress/egress and for ingress only?
The implementation could return an error when a device doesn't support a certain action.
For example, we may not support crypto offload for encapsulation of IPsec packets, and we
will return an error if such a flow specification is provided.

Did you have any specific action that is not supported in some direction? AFAIK, we
support all action for egress as well as ingress.

> I think separate structure for ingress vs. egress are better approach, than
> blind global flag.
I thought of using a direction flag in the action itself, but decided against it , because all flow
specification refer to a certain direction and not the action alone. Moreover, there are other
actions that will be based on this flag, like encapsulation actions.