Re: ConnectX-3 on non-coherent AARCH64 system

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 04:59:40PM -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:

> However, when I run the same test on a (non-cache-coherent) AArch64 (ARMv8)
> machine (Cortex-A57, NVIDIA Tegra), the application does not work. In
> particular, ivc_poll_cq() returns -2 when the application waits for an
> ibv_post_send/recv() to complete.

User space verbs are not supported on non-cache-coherent architectures
for kernel bypass adapters and probably never will be.

Ideally the kernel would not create the uverbs device for DMA drivers
on such architectures.. Is there a kernel API to detect cache
incoherence?

> than e.g. the kernel filling in the CQ), and there don't appear to be any
> cache invalidation operations anywhere in libmlx4 (I'm not even sure if
> cache manipulation is possible from user-space on ARM). I also
> couldn't find

Precisely.

Jason