Re: [RFC] libibverbs IB device hotplug support

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 07:48:55AM -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:

> oneshot script.  The udev rules for various rdma capable hardware all
> call out for the rdma.init service to be run.  This is fine at
> bootup.

Yep, but that could be fixed in a fairly straightfoward way:

SUBSYSTEM=="module", KERNEL=="cxgb*", ACTION=="add", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}="rdma_load_kmod@%k.service"

eg run a one shot instance of a systemd template that loads the extra
modules needed by the core module.

> However, once we are up and running, I don't think a hotplug of any
> module driver that services only the ethernet portion of a two part
> driver (cxgb*/hns/bnxt) will trigger a load of the corresponding RDMA
> portion of the driver.

I continue to belive we need to fix this in the kernel, the two part
drivers should auto-load their RDMA sides..

Not sure what this has to do with verbs though...

Jason