Re: [RFC] libibverbs IB device hotplug support

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 12:11:58AM +0200, Alex Rosenbaum wrote:

> This is definitely one approach I was thinking about as well. It will
> surely help clean some of the older, not extendible API's.
> I'd like to call out to all provide library maintainer. if you have
> started code porting from the old ibv_register_driver() to the new
> extendible verbs_register_driver() then please move forward with
> submitting it. Once using the extendible 'struct verbs_device' it will
> be easy to add the new unint_device() functionality to all provided
> library in order to support plug-in for all.

Someone is going to have to take this on..

Conceptually it isn't hard to do, but I figured it was too complicated
to undertake without the ability to test.

Maybe you could help out by providing a bunch of information how to do
the conversion and show a patch for something like RXE.

Jason