Re: rdma-core make install failing

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 06:00:09PM -0500, ira.weiny wrote:
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but make install seems to be deleting a
> library and then complaining that it can't find it for installation...  :-/
>
> After running build.sh I ran make install and get this error:

Oh.. you can't 'make install' when using build.sh. I guess we should
have a more explicit error message for this case.

build.sh now uses -DIN_PLACE=1 which arranges for everything to run
smoothly without being installed. Just run build/bin/blat or do
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/build/bin to use the new library with something
out of tree. There is no longer a big reason for developers to 'make
install' anymore.

Part of the trick that happens to make IN_PLACE work is that the
install path is set to /nfs/site/home/iweiny/rdma-core/build/lib/
which means 'make install' tries to overwrite the built output and
just generally makes a mess.

Jason