Re: Querying the GID from a Provider Library

On 2/1/2017 2:26 PM, Amrani, Ram wrote:
Hi Doug, Yishay,
I need to translate sgid_index to sgid in the library to check for loopback.

While invoking ibv_query_gid does the job, it seems to me somewhat
inadequate that a provider library invokes an ibv function and not
an ibv_cmd function. What are your thoughts on this?

I would have invoked the  ibv_cmd_query_gid, but there is no such function
because ibv_query_gid does not require the kernel. However there's an old
*declaration* of the ibv_cmd_query_gid. Perhaps I will define the function
in a similar way to ibv_query_gid?!

ibv_query_gid is used all around by vendors, it serves as some helper function which is exported from libibverbs, you can just use it.

Re 'ibv_cmd_query_gid' looks like some 'dead' code that should be delted.