Re: rdma-core 12 breaks libibverbs ABI

On 1/26/2017 8:17 PM, Hefty, Sean wrote:
>> - Ship libibverbs.rpm with the updated driver and matched libibverbs
>>   This is pretty easy, I probably would recommend this.
>
> This has issues if there are multiple providers present.  Maybe that doesn't happen in non-testing environments.  I wonder if the distros would agree with this approach.

I don't know how much I would rely on the belief that mixed environments
don't happen outside of testing.  In particular, the structure of Lustre
filesystems or the need to gateway from a fabric that one brand of
storage server doesn't support to another one would both seem to be
times when mixed hardware might exist.  For that matter, the typical
stock trading RDMA environment mixes IB and Ethernet, maybe in the
future it will have OPA in there too?  I think you are right that it is
the most common, but I don't think we can rely on it being that way all
the time.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
    GPG Key ID: B826A3330E572FDD