RE: max_inline_data in ibv_rc_pingpong

> Based on man page cap is an in/out structure
> "..the values will be greater than or equal to the values requested".
>
> The below example demonstrates a case that there is enough space for
> using inline data for the given input size. It may happen as of some
> alignment on the WQE calculated size and is based on vendor
> implementation.
>
> In a real application usually an explicit value is set before calling
> ibv_create_qp to achieve a size that is required by the application for
> its needs.

I would prefer it to use an explicit value instead of per-driver residual value.
This allows for better understanding of what is actually going on.
One of our customers used it for latency comparisons between devices and got different values, not knowing that with one driver he was using inline and with the other he isn't.
Will you be OK with a "-I" parameter as in perftest?