Re: Patches for librxe-dev

On 10/10/16 07:12, Henrique Almeida wrote:
On 10/10/16 06:49, Henrique Almeida wrote:

Hello, how can I send patches for SoftRoCE library ? Last week I
tried sending a pull request on github, but it looks like no one is
watching it.

Maybe the README of the librxe-dev project should be updated to indicate
that that project has been superseded by the rdma-core project and that new
contributions should be submitted to the latter project
(https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core)?

> Ok, but I think the SoftRoCE repository is mentioned in
> kernelnewbies.
>
> https://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_4.8#head-d5eeeba16221162ce670139e945ab118b2aa772a

Hello Diego,

Do you perhaps have edit rights for that kernel newbies page? If so, can you correct the information about the SoftRoCE driver? The SoftRoCE driver went upstream in kernel v4.8 so I think the reference to the out-of-tree https://github.com/SoftRoCE/rxe-dev kernel driver should be removed. And since the https://github.com/SoftRoCE/librxe-dev repository has been superseded by the https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core repository, please change the reference to https://github.com/SoftRoCE/ into https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core.

PS: the linux-rdma mailing list is the mailing list on which the SoftRoCE driver was discussed before it was accepted upstream.

Thanks,

Bart.