Re: [RFCv2 00/15] RFCv2: Consolidated userspace RDMA library repo

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 09:08:42AM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> Doug is a busy person and there is a limit on how fast he can handle it.
> He is already buried under his internal and external responsibilities.
>
> Placing him responsible for vendors code will add extra step,
> extra complexity to the chain and will hurt kernel/libibverbs flows.

Leon, calm down.  What Jason is proposing is to apply the exact same
flow we have in the kernel to a much smaller project.  We prove it
works on a giant project, and it will work on a smaller one.

Maintainer overload always is a problem, and it's helped by adding
more maintainers.  And yes, both the kernel RDMA stack and the user
code should have a small maintainer team, but that's a different
discussion.

The current state of RDMA userspace is a complete trainwreck, and
one of the major reasons I can only do testing in very limited
environment - setting all this up on another systems is just too much
work.