Re: Connect-IB not performing as well as ConnectX-3 with iSER

On 6/8/2016 1:37 AM, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
On the 4.1.15 kernel:
sdc;10.218.128.17;3971878;992969;21120
sdd;10.218.202.17;3967745;991936;21142
sdg;10.218.203.17;3938128;984532;21301
sdk;10.218.204.17;3952602;988150;21223
sdn;10.219.128.17;4615719;1153929;18174
sdf;10.219.202.17;4622331;1155582;18148
sdi;10.219.203.17;4602297;1150574;18227
sdl;10.219.204.17;4565477;1141369;18374
sde;10.220.128.17;4594986;1148746;18256
sdh;10.220.202.17;4590209;1147552;18275
sdj;10.220.203.17;4599017;1149754;18240
sdm;10.220.204.17;4610898;1152724;18193

On the 4.6.0 kernel:
sdc;10.218.128.17;3239219;809804;25897
sdf;10.218.202.17;3321300;830325;25257
sdm;10.218.203.17;3339015;834753;25123
sdk;10.218.204.17;3637573;909393;23061
sde;10.219.128.17;3325777;831444;25223
sdl;10.219.202.17;3305464;826366;25378
sdg;10.219.203.17;3304032;826008;25389
sdn;10.219.204.17;3330001;832500;25191
sdd;10.220.128.17;4624370;1156092;18140
sdi;10.220.202.17;4619277;1154819;18160
sdj;10.220.203.17;4610138;1152534;18196
sdh;10.220.204.17;4586445;1146611;18290

It seems that there is a lot of changes between the kernels. I had
these kernels already on the box and I can bisect them if you think it
would help. It is really odd that port 2 on the Connect-IB card did
better than port 1 on the 4.6.0 kernel.
Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1

so in these kernels you get better performance with the C-IB than CX3 ?
we need to find the bottleneck.
Can you increase the iodepth and/or block size to see if we can reach the wire speed.
another try is to load ib_iser with always_register=N.

what is the cpu utilzation in both initiator/target ?
did you spread the irq affinity ?