Re: generic RDMA READ/WRITE API V6

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 12:08:55PM -0700, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> After having disabled CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON I don't see the "QP event"
> message anymore.

This brings up memories: we've seen odd, unexplainable with SLUB debug and
MRs during NVMe over fabrics development..

> But running xfstests triggered the following (mlx4
> hardware; SRP initiator and LIO target running on the same server and
> communicating over loopback):

I can reproduce this, thanks.  The issue was that my implementation
of keeping the MRs around when getting an -EAGAIN for setting up new
RDMA R/W contexts wasn't correct.  To make it properly work we'd need
a pointer to the send ioctx from the recv ioctx.  I don't feel safe
to make this change at this point, and given that force_mr is only
a debug option for the SRP target until RDMA/CM support goes in I
think we should be fine without it.  I'll resend the series once I
get feedback from the buildbot, and I'd be happy if you could review
it quickly.