Re: Move of upstream librdmacm and ibacm git trees

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 06:10:56PM +0000, Hefty, Sean wrote:
> > any reason for that? this is open-source, right? what's wrong with the
> > linux-rdma list as a discussion/review place for these changes?
>
> Github is open source, and anyone can subscribe for notifications.  As far as I can tell, very few non-kernel developers monitor this list.  Github associates change requests with open issues and discussion, and allowing people to manage their spam before it hits their inbox is more likely to increase review.

It is your project and your decision, however my feeling that such move
will decrease the number of participants and disconnect the majority of
relevant developers from these projects.

There is nothing against hosting project on Github and my ask is to
cross-post PRs on this mailing list too, which is possible to do in fully
automatic way.

Thanks.