Re: device attr cleanup (was: Handle mlx4 max_sge_rd correctly)

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Makes sense.

thanks.

> Show me what you are talking about (either a link to Ira's
> patch you are referring to or your own patch).

The patch is three liner to add the cached attrs --
http://marc.info/?l=linux-rdma&m=142309296813985&w=2 -- if you are OK
with that, I will add a 2nd patch that ports all ULPs to use the
cached copy instead of their code which does the query.

Actually, why not start with this approach and later decide if we need
to go further of this is enough?

Or.