Re: srp state in current mainline

On 11/15/15 10:06, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
FYI, I sent a patch for the zero S/G length issue.  With this xfstests
does fine for ext4 and btrfs.  With XFS I still run into corruption
warnings for the slab use after free poison pattern.  I suspect that
issue might be related to uniqueue XFS I/O patterns.  One thing that
might be related is that XFS can submit bios backed by kmalloced memory.

I've also tested XFS on various other storage devices on the same kernel
and didn't see an issue like that just to be sure.

Thanks for submitting that patch.

Did I understand correctly that page-aligned I/O works fine but I/O that is not aligned on a page boundary not ? Have you already had the time to verify whether the "IB/srp: Convert to new registration API" patch is the patch that introduced this issue ?

BTW, another location where a buffer is used that is not aligned on a page boundary is the scsi_probe_and_add_lun() function. If a crash occurs while probing LUNs or lsscsi shows garbled data for SRP LUNs that might indicate a problem in the buffer mapping or registration code.

Bart.