Re: How to disconnect a SRP (SCSI RDMA Protocol) drive after unmounting

On 07/27/15 18:15, james harvey wrote:
I  have an InfiniBand network working with SRP sharing.

On the target system, I am running targetcli (the -fb free branch
version) and OpenFabric's srptools.

On the initiator system, I am running OpenFabric's srptools.

After I've gotten srp on the initiator to link a SRP target as a local
drive, mounted it, done whatever I wanted to with it, and unmounted
it... How do I make it go away as a local drive? i.e. If I wanted it
to not be accessible, if I want another machine to use it via SRP,
etc, or if I need to reboot the target system and want everything
clean beforehand. (I can run sync on the initiator, but I'd prefer a
way to disconnect it.)

Stopping srptools.service has no effect. In fact, I can still mount
and use the drive without it running. It seems to run as a daemon to
connect to new targets, but doesn't seem necessary to be running after
they're connected.

I've looked at ibsrpdm and srp_daemon themselves, and see no such functionality.

I've also tried commenting the entry in srp_daemon.conf, so it
defaults to disallowing the connection, and restarting srptools.

I see there's srp_remove_target, srp_disconnect_target, and
scsi_remove_host functions, but I'm not sure what program (if any)
exposes them to the cli.

Hello James,

This might be what you are looking for:

echo 1 > /sys/class/srp_remote_ports/${port}/delete

The above command deletes all SCSI devices that are associated with a particular SRP port. It is important to sync and umount these devices before running the above command because all I/O requests that are submitted after that command has been run will fail.

Bart.