Re: Kernel fast memory registration API proposal [RFC]

On 7/15/2015 6:05 AM, Doug Ledford wrote:
On 07/14/2015 01:08 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 07:46:50PM +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
Which drivers doesn't support FRWR that we need to do other things?
ipath - depracated

We have permission to move this to staging and then RM it, so yay!

Correct.

mthca - soon to be deprecated

This one I have a problem with. There is alot of mthca hardware out
there, it feels wrong to nuke it.. If we can continue to support the
FMR scheme it uses transparently, that would be excellent.

I'm not hearing a strong reason why that shouldn't be the case...

I'm not so sure about deprecating mthca either.  There are still a
number of people I know that like to buy cheap SDR/DDR switches on EBay
and pair them with cheap mthca cards and have cheap 10/20GBit/s home
networks.  We have a couple people inside Red Hat that occasionally tell
people what to look for on EBay to do just this.

I didn't mean deprecate it altogether, I meant that I don't think we
should do backflips for a single (old) driver.