Re: IB_CQ_VECTOR_LEAST_ATTACHED

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Matan Barak <matanb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/7/2014 2:59 PM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
>> On 12/7/2014 2:22 PM, Matan Barak wrote:
>>> Applications might want to create a CQ on n different cores

>> You mean like an IRQ can flush on a mask potentially made of multiple
>> CPUs?

> Sort of. In both cases you try to spread the resources such that you'll get
> best performance (that should be done by the device driver itself). The user
> needs to somehow get n different least-used resources. Hopefully, if the
> device driver does a decent job - the user would get his resources
> potentially on multiple cpus.

I am not sure to follow on the "n different LU resources".

Thinking on this matter little further, what user-space (and maybe
kernel too?) apps would want follows the rmap (reverse map where cpu
--> set of IRQs) used by the kernel aRFS logic, where we let app
choose some primitive that would cause the interrupt to be raised on
the cpu they want. In this context, the param to the cq creation verb
needs not be the vector number, but rather the cpu number (maybe nice
default to THIS_CPU) or set of cpus?