Re: FMR Support in multi-function environment

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:58:46 +0530
Bob Biloxi <iambobbiloxi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is FMR (Fast Memory Regions) supported in a multi-function mode?

In SRIOV, FMR is supported only for the PF, not for VFs (since this
feature requires writing directly to mapped ICM memory).

You can see this in file drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/main.c, function
mlx4_ib_add() :

        if (!mlx4_is_slave(ibdev->dev)) {
                ibdev->ib_dev.alloc_fmr         = mlx4_ib_fmr_alloc;
                ibdev->ib_dev.map_phys_fmr      = mlx4_ib_map_phys_fmr;
                ibdev->ib_dev.unmap_fmr         = mlx4_ib_unmap_fmr;
                ibdev->ib_dev.dealloc_fmr       = mlx4_ib_fmr_dealloc;
        }

i.e., the fmr functions are not put into the device virtual function
table for slave (= VF) devices.

-Jack