Re: ib_ipoib: CSUM support in connected mode

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Yuval Shaia <yuval.shaia@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> By default, IPoIB-CM driver uses 64k MTU. Larger MTU gives better performance.
> This MTU plus overhead puts the memory allocation for IP based packets at 32 4k pages
> (order 5),

So if we make sure that the advertized netdevice MTU is 64K minus that
over head we're back to order four
allocation and problem is solved?   note that RFC 4755 makes sure that
the MTU is negotiated in both directions,
so it can have any value, specifically 64K - that epsilon which will
hopefully make you happy

> [...] The proposal is to tell to network stack that IPoIB-CM supports IP
> Checksum offload. This enables Linux IPoIB-CM driver to use Scatter/Gather feature. Network
> sends the IP packet without adding the IP Checksum to the header.

AFAIK, on the TX side, Linux will always compute the IP checksum, but
with this suggestion,
not the TCP checksum which is assumed to be computed by the card... so
we will have a TCP
packet on the wire without checksum. And if this packet goes through
gateway it will be dropped at
some point, agree?