RE: [for-next 1/2] xprtrdma: take reference of rdma provider module

> > So the rdma cm is expected to increase the driver reference count
> (try_module_get) for
> > each new cm id, then deference count (module_put) when cm id is
> destroyed?
> >

> No, I think he's saying the rdma-cm posts a RDMA_CM_DEVICE_REMOVAL event
> to each
> application with rdmacm objects allocated, and each application is expected
> to destroy all
> the objects it has allocated before returning from the event handler.

This is almost correct.  The applications do not have to destroy all the objects that it has allocated before returning from their event handler.  E.g. an app can queue a work item that does the destruction.  The rdmacm will block in its ib_client remove handler until all relevant rdma_cm_id's have been destroyed.

> And I think the ib_verbs core calls each ib_client's remove handler when an
> rdma provider
> unregisters with the core.

yes