Query regarding HCR mellanox mlx4

I was looking to understand the mlx4 driver for the Mellanox adapter.

I just had a query which I was not able to resolve on my own.

Can anyone please help me understand that:

does the HCR(HCA Configuration Register) reside in the Config Space or
MMIO space?

I guess the kernel uses ioremap for all I/O access whether it is PCI
config space of MMIO

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Marc