ENODEV in rdma_create_ep with loopback as address

When attempting to call rdma_create_ep in active mode with the
loopback address obtained by rdma_getaddrinfo, -1 is returned with
ENODEV errno(). This is reproducable by running the rdma_client.c
example in librdmacm/examples. The error is not appearing when the
host provided is a remote host from a different machine with a
different IP address.

Looks like the exact point of the errno being set is at the write
function in rdma_resolve_route inside librdmacm/cma.c. I am not able
to go deeper due to that write function being preloaded.

My operating system is Ubuntu 22.04.1 and my kernel is version 6.5.0.

Below is the output of my ibv_devinfo command locally; I appreciate your help.

hca_id:    rx0
    transport:            InfiniBand (0)
    fw_ver:                0.0.0
    node_guid:            2a6b:35ff:fe76:0e8a
    sys_image_guid:            2a6b:35ff:fe76:0e8a
    vendor_id:            0xffffff
    vendor_part_id:            0
    hw_ver:                0x0
    phys_port_cnt:            1