Re: [bug report] blktests srp/002 hang

On 10/18/23 14:48, Bart Van Assche wrote:

> On 10/18/23 12:17, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>> If siw hangs as well, I definitely comfortable continuing to debug and
>> leaving the work queues in-tree for now.
>
> Regarding the KASAN complaint that I shared about one month ago, can that complaint have any other root cause than the patch "RDMA/rxe: Add
> workqueue support for rxe tasks"? That report shows a use-after-free by
> rxe code with a pointer to memory that was owned by the rxe driver and
> that was freed by the rxe driver. That memory is an skbuff. The rxe
> driver manages skbuffs. The SRP driver doesn't even know about these
> skbuff objects. See also https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rdma/8ee2869b-3f51-4195-9883-015cd30b4241@xxxxxxx/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bart.

Bart,

I agree with you that that is a rxe issue. But, I haven't been able to reproduce it. However, I am able
to generate hangs without the KASAN bug so it seems to me that they are unrelated. In addition to the
kernel debugging I have added tracing to ib_srp and ib_srpt which may help delay things.

Bob