Re: [bug report] blktests srp/002 hang

On 9/25/23 15:33, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On 9/25/23 12:57, Bob Pearson wrote:
>> Having trouble following your recipe. The git repo you mention does not seem to be available. E.g.
>>
>> rpearson:src$ git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/git/rafael/linux-pm
>> Cloning into 'linux-pm'...
>> fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported: /pub/scm/linux/git/rafael/linux-pm
>>
>> I am not sure how to obtain the tag if I cannot see the repo.
>
> As one can see on
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git/,
> ".git" is missing from the end of the URL in your git clone command.
>
> I think that you misread my email. In my email I clearly referred to
> Linus' master branch. Please try this:
> $ git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git linux-kernel
> $ cd linux-kernel
> $ git checkout 8018e02a8703 -b linus-master

what the email said was:

Please start with fixing the KASAN complaint shown below. I think the
root cause of this complaint is in the RDMA/rxe driver. This issue can
be reproduced as follows:
* Build and install Linus' master branch with KASAN enabled (commit
   8018e02a8703 ("Merge tag 'thermal-6.6-rc3' of
   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm")).

I found the reference to rafael/linux-pm confusing. I also tried with .git still didn't work.
Thanks for the clarification.

Bob